Fires...

Crazy but there have been 3 fires in my city in less than a week.

Black trousers Charter Club - Grey top Express - White jacket No Boundaries -
Jessica Simpson snake print shoes - Michael Kors black bag
One of them was Sunday night, a block away from where I live...
I could actually see the flames from my bedroom window.
Before the firemen arrived the neighbors had controlled the situation.


This morning another building less than two blocks away was also on fire.
In fact, as I got dressed I could see the smoke and it has been burning
since last night !

Black Vintage belt 

My nearest-to-fire experience was about 10 years ago.
It was almost midnight when we heard the fire alarm.
An office that was located on the bottom floor of the building was burning up.
We had to leave the building wearing pjs... 
thankfully they fire was controlled and no real damage occurred...

It was so very frightening.

How about you, any stories to share ?


8 comments

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Fortunately, not.
You look very stylish and mysterious today.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

So glad you guys got out. I hate to hear about fires. They are so destructive and so many people have lost their lives to them. Lorena, I love your outfit. That jacket and belt is exquisite doll.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Sheila said...

I would be terrified! I've had nightmares since I was a kid about my house being on fire!

I love that belt, by the way!

The Dragonfruit said...

Man, that's scary! Glad you're alright.
Anyway, such a chic jacket, I love the crisp white color and the brooch against it

Trendy Teal

Unknown said...

beautiful look you look stunning!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Mica said...

The fires sound really scary! Glad you are okay :)

When there are fires here we have to get out, they can spread so quickly and kill so many. Luckily the closest one was about 5 ks away and they brought it under control quickly, but the smoke was terrible. I can't imagine getting stuck near a fire with the smoke, it makes it so hard to breathe!

drollgirl said...

YIKES!!!! i used to worry a lot about fires when i was a kid. a LOT. the closest thing i have felt recently to a fire was BURNING some food at home and setting off the smoke detector. this happens every now and again. ugh!

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I think you made it an animal-print shoe week, right? Love it. Cute cropped blazer, brooch and belt, too.

I have never been close to or witnessed a fire but this summer many towns and villages in Albania, had so many forests go on fire. The crazy hot weather, perhaps?