2014 Purchases vs Edits

Purchases
First of all, I did not stay within my own budget.
Exactly 610.83 USD over.


The items I purchased the most were:
 shoes 18, tops 18 and dresses 13.


The items I purchased the least of were:
Brooches / pins 1 and, shorts and trousers 2 of each.
Must admit I was quite surprised about the trousers.




Edits

I try to edit monthly, it just works better for me.
This year I edited about 136 pieces.
For the first time ever I sold some of the garments
in a local flea market, which was kind of fun.
I had hoped to edit more, but it just did not happen.


If I go by category, the items I let go most of were tops.
These include shirts, tshirts, sweater and it was 27 of them.
Also shoes, I gave away 17 pairs of shoes.
Dresses came in third, with 15 pieces.


I was quite surprised at purchasing 2 trousers but giving away 11.
I think it has to do with the fact that my weight fluctuation
just made me get rid of a lot of them.


Giving it a positive twist, more items left the closet (136 pieces)
than entered it (97 pieces).

For 2015, I'd like to get rid of at least 200 pieces
and stay within a 1,500.00 USD budget.

I guess, I'll just have to wait and see how that works out.

5 comments

LyddieGal said...

As always, I need to try and do better with my budget this year! It's so easy to go over, whenever that new pretty thing catches your eye.

I've been thinking about trying to make a list of pieces that I need and sticking to it - for real this time. haha.
Chic on the Cheap

Sheila said...

I think you did a fantastic job, Lorena! I would be very happy with that $ number and with the number of edits in your closet. You look so lovely in dresses and skirts; I'm not surprised that trousers aren't your thing as much. You're much like me that way!

La Tonta the Taylor said...

tu eres de las mias! ajaajaj

kisses!

mis regalos de reyes?.. ah! la vanidad... En la casa de La Tonta.
Un saludo y feliz vuelta a la rutina normal!

Unknown said...

Shoes always win :) I also think shoes are what I've purchased the most.. and bags!
Thanks for passing by! Keep in touch xo
http://thenotedponcho.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love how you inventory your items. I need to do that too.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/