The 80s

I went to a consignment store a few weeks ago.
Came across some  interesting pieces, however it was 
a quick visit and I left without trying anything on.
Jeans Red Valentino - Yellow blouse Lucky.Com - Vintage Tweed jacket Escada - Gold flats Viascar
Then, the week after on my Instagram feed, I came across this:
Image via Instagram @Escadaofficial
The jacket seemed too familiar. It looked like one I had come 
across in the consignment store. Could it be the same one
So, I went back to the consignment store, thinking it was almost 
impossible for this vintage jacket to be there three weeks later..
Surprisingly, it was. Tried it on and while I could
not button it up all the way, I brought it home. 
Then I did some research on the brand and label -
 BTW found this site very helpful.
According to the label on the jacket it belongs
to the 80's - some things are meant to be...

7 comments

Oh to Be a Muse said...

What a fun story! So good that the jacket was still at the store three weeks later. I love how it looks un-buttoned, too.

And by the way, the organza dress I'm wearing today is under $70, so totally a great price point! :)

www.ohtobeamuse.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh, that jacket is so fun! I love how bright and happy it is! :D
Amazing that it was still there!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

backinstyle said...

That is a great jacket! I love the fresh color combination and the way you styled it with yellow. I would have never guessed it was from the 80's, it looks very modern and now.

Mica said...

What an awesome find! It looks identical to the one in the instagram pic :) Wonderful that it was still there, and that it fits. I don't button my blazers much so the fact that you can't entirely button it all the way doesn't make much difference to me :) Looks great on you!


Away From The Blue Blog

Sheila said...

I've used that site many times for information on brands - what a funky jacket! I remember Escada being very chi-chi and high-end back in the 80s. I couldn't afford it!

Witchcrafted Life said...

That colour palette is sensational! It's like the best and most cheerful hues of spring all rolled into one.

♥ Jessica

LyddieGal said...

Wow that is awesome! Such a cool find. And is it strange or sad that so often we feel we need validation to like something?

You saw the jacket, you passed. But then it shows up on your insta feed and suddenly it becomes so very alluring.