April Closet Additions

By the end of March last year, I had spent 280.77 USD on clothes, bags and shoes, by this March 2017 I had spent nothing, because of a self imposed shopping ban.  Behind the shopping ban idea was that I would use this time to declutter, wear the unworn and such. It did not happen. So, after the little progress I made, I figured I would also do it in April, but I'd first reward myself with a 30.00 USD budget originally thought of for a Saturday thrift, however things had a slight shift. 

I did thrift a black leather turn lock Croft and Barrow handbag for 7.49 USD, a pair of light blue Gio Zanotti bow flats for 12.84 USD, light peach pink gingham button down shirt from J. Crew for 7.49 USD and vintage triangle print short sleeve top for 3.21 USD.


In order to let these into the closet I let go one of each: one hand bag, one pair of shoes and a button down shirt and so on.. 

Earrings for 1.06 USD and Black velvet and tassel hair tie 1.06 USD 

April total 33.15 USD.

5 comments

Sheila said...

So restrained! I love that you're doing one-in/one-out - it is a great way to cut through all the emotional attachments we form with our clothes, especially if we want to keep buying more!

The blue flats ring my bell, as do the earrings.

Mica said...

You did find a lot of great items even if you went a little over your self imposed budget.

I find one in one out so hard to put into practice. I think my wardrobe needs it, but it's never been easy for me to do in the past. It makes sense, if you're buying something new it's because there's something in your wardrobe already that's not working to fill that gap. But very difficult for me to put into practice! I want new things and to keep all the old stuff, ha!


Away From The Blue Blog

Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina said...

What a wonderful purchase!
Have a beautiful day!
www.recklessdiary.ru

Dressed With Soul said...

Dear Lorena, I'm really impressed what you found for that less amount of money! Congratulations you managed to be so good with spending no money the time before in this year!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

LyddieGal said...

That bag is lovely and looks like a little coach bag. I like the bow flats too!
I'm not having May shaping up to being a good month for watching my budget. sigh.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/