Nude wear

Cream nude blouse Elie Tahari - Paper bag waist skirt Carolina Herrera - Nude patent heels Flexi, similar -
Doctor's bag Venezia, similar
 
Paper bag waist skirt Carolina Herrera, similar here  - Cream nude blouse Elie Tahari, similar


As much as I love the subtleness of nude, its a color I don't wear much and when I do its never in colour block mode. While growing up my grandmother would tell me I was too pale for light shades and that's the reason I tend to think that nudes totally wash me away. But you cannot believe everything you're told and sometimes you have to shatter your own myth. Is there anything you've been told does not suit you, but you wear anyways ? 



7 comments

Courtney Erin said...

I think the nude shades look really lovely on you. They bring out the richness of your hair color, in my opinion. I really like this on you!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

amely rose said...

I love this classy combination!
Nude is such a great color and this all-nude-everything combination is amazing. It suits you perfectly.

take a look at my BLOG and also INSTAGRAM

Sheila said...

I love this outfit on you, and I don't think it's too pale at all (what do grandmothers know??). The paper-bag waist on the skirt is totally flattering. Thumbs up from me, Lorena!

Gerrilyn said...

I'm very short (barely 5'1") and have read that wearing one color would help me look taller. But I love color and usually wear a mix of them top and bottom, so I guess I look 5'1"! Oh well, it is what it is!

Dressed With Soul said...

For me it is the same: I really seldom wear beige but you look amazing in this colour, dear Lorena! Happy weekend!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Mica said...

I think you look beautiful in this outfit (and I love the paperbag waist on your skirt! :)

It's interesting, I still remember asking my grandmother her opinion on an outift and her saying it was too pale for me. Must be a grandmother thing, haha!

When I had my "colours done" it was determined pastels near my face weren't a good idea. Neither were all of my many grey tees, but luckily the stylist could give me some tips for how to continue to wear them, as I love my grey tees! :)

Hope you have been having a great week!

Away From The Blue Blog

minimalissmo blog modowy said...

Despite it is very stylish You are right that THIS nude doesnt fit You, but I think if You use darker tone, it would be good. Anyway, 5 years ago I wear mainly bright colors - pink, blue, a little like Barbie. I liked those colors. But 2-3 years ago, when I started blogging I realized that it was far from elegant and today I prefer grey, beige, dark, brown... subdued colors. When today I wear sth pink, I'm surprised I could like them :)